IMATS LA 2011 HAUL & EXPERIENCE

I got the chance to go to IMATS 2011 a few weeks ago and I must say that it was such a blast! I don't live too far from Pasadena, but it does take about a good forty minutes to get there and I knew I had to get there early. I actually got to the venue at 7:50, but parking no joke took me twenty minutes to get into the garage. After that I walked to the convention center, and lo and behold, there was a LONG LONG line. Seriously no joke, it took me an hour to get into the actual event. I went with my loving boyfriend, who I had to beg and plead with because I didn't wanna go alone. I am so thankful he ended up coming because after the end right before I got on the freeway to go back home, I GOT A FLAT TIRE!

On to the main show! Walking in, it seemed like any normal convention with the layout of the booths. I walked past MUFE (Make Up Forever) because I knew I had to go to INGLOT. I did my research and I had a list of what I wanted. I did not want to go in there with an open mind because I would buy stuff and come home realizing I needed other things haha. I also had to go back home to my dog since I hate leaving him alone for more than 7 hours. I had my palette already and the colors all ready on a post it. Now the hard part, getting past the swarm of people swatching for the Freedom System.

For those of you who don't know what the Freedom System at Inglot is, it's where you get to pick a palette size of either blushes, foundation, eyebrow wax, shadows, and lipgloss/stick. It comes in two, four, five, 10 and more. They also had their new matte collection available and I so wanted it! It was 137 for 40 colors, brights or neutrals, but I honestly did not know what I would do with all that. I stuck to my 10 colors and after 45 minutes of trying to get people's attention I finally got my order in. I paid and I was told it was better to walk off and come back.

I gladly left the booth and went straight over to O.C.C (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics) for their famous lip tars. I wanted so many colors, but kept it clean by getting two wearable colors in Memento and Hush. I did not have to test them out because the swatches found online were true to color! I ordered and paid and on to the next booth I went.

After that, I hit up Crown Booth! I wanted so many brushes, but I ended up grabbing a deluxe crease brush, a stippling brush and a buffer brush because those were the ones I knew I wanted. I should have gotten more, but I already have my EnKore Brush Set that I felt I was set. Little did I know I should have gotten a lip brush for my lip tars.

My list here was actually done, can you believe that?! I took this time to actually walk around the booths and whoa there was so many vendors there! I had been staring at the map for so long that it was nice to put an actual 4-D booth to the images in my head. I wish I had gotten more stuff, but I was on a budget and I was glad I didn't spend anymore money. Actually, I ended up buying two beauty blenders for $20. What a freaking steal! Oh, I paid for all my stuff in cash =D. Saved a lot of time, but the vendors accepted card as well. I figure not only would it make it easier for me, but for them as well.

I ended up getting to meet three of my favorite beauty gurus, EnKore, PurseBuzz and TiffanyD. I got pictures with all of them and because I left the convention before noon, the other people I wanted to meet did not show up til after. PurseBuzz actually gave me a swag bag with eye shadows and a brush! I was so excited because I literally said Hi, took a picture and walked off because there was a line. I also saw JulieG, but she was with another fan.

Below are the pictures I took. If you guys want swatches, please let me know.

      Myself, EnKore & PurseBuzz

  Myself & TiffanyD

MY HAUL!
 Crown Brush: Stippling Brush, Crease Brush & Buffer Brush
  Inglot: 10 Freedom Palette
 O.C.C: 2 Lip Tars
  Nigel: Beauty Blenders
   Swag Bag from PurseBuzz
  Face Brush, 3 Lip Liners, 4 Eye Shadows, Laffy Taffy

  Close Up of Inglot Palette

4 comments:

DianaLuv May 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM  

your ingot palette is beautiful! Im contemplating on buying some lip tars... What do you think about them? What colors did you get?

An-An July 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

the lip tars you got look so amazing! perfect for the summer time :)

anansays.blogspot.com

x

Maila July 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM  

The inglot palette looks great!

You and Tifanny looking cute :D

Followed you, found your blog on elle and blair :D
Check my blog out too:
allthingsgirlsih.blogspot.com

Unknown July 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM  

That inglot palette is gorgeous, could I be a pain and ask what the top two shades are called?

Great post!

caperepulchra.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My Photo
Anners
I'm just a normal girl trying to find herself in this big crazy world. I love shopping and even better, I love shopping for bargains! That being said, I combine my love for clothes, jewlery, and make-up with my love for finding a great deal. I will always try to find a way to save money, even if it's a couple dollars, because I think you should never pay retail when there's always coupons available!
View my complete profile

Labels